KEXP DJ Profiles

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I really like the idea of the KEXP scrobbler.  I've been looking for a way to add the KEXP tracks to my Last.fm account as I listen to them.  Thanks for creating this program.

I've also been looking for a way to play a Last.fm station based on KEXP-- essentially KEXP + the ability to skip tracks, along with leveraging Last.fm's recommendation engine for even more tracks.  Even better, what if there were separate stations for different KEXP DJ's.  I think this could be accomplished with your KexpScrobbler.

What if somebody set up new Last.fm user accounts for each KEXP DJ.  Then, they could use the KexpScrobbler to automatically scrobble tracks to the corresponding DJ profile (switching DJ accounts automatically when the DJ switched on the air).  Then other users could listen to the Last.fm account radio stations, which would essentially consist of the same and similar music to KEXP.

The only work this would require would be to:

1. Set up new Last.fm accounts for each KEXP DJ
  2. Find a way to automate account switching on the KexpScrobbler based on DJ changes
  3. Have a dedicated computer to run the KexpScrobbler 24/7

Is there somebody that would be interested in doing this?  Or maybe this is something that the folks at KEXP should provide.  I'd be interested in hearing thoughts from others.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM

An alternative to setting up different account would be to tag all the tracks with the DJ name - then you could play the tag radio. The problem here is that KEXP doesn't provide an interface for retreiving more than the song and artist name so far.